Compassionate Care for Your Health, Wellbeing, and Smile in Charlottesville
As always, at Jack T. Kayton: Family & Cosmetic Dentistry we’re on your side, working tirelessly to ensure your health and happiness are a top priority. We want to reassure you that we never compromise when it comes to your health and safety. Now, more than ever, we’re taking every step possible, both big and small, to ensure you and your family are protected and secure.
When things become uncertain, there’s one thing you can rely on and that’s us. We’re taking every precaution necessary to make our office a safe, secure place you and your family can depend on for dedicated dental care and friendly faces who truly care for you.
Infection and Disease Control
Please know that our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We have always done this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations. The guidelines help us keep you, our patients, and our staff safe!
Some of the additional safety measures we’re taking at the office include:
- We’ll communicate with you prior to your appointment for a brief screening. You’ll also be asked the same questions when you arrive at the office.
- Having you remain in your car in the parking lot and calling the front desk when you arrive. We’ll give you a call when it’s OK to enter the building. Both our office and the intra-office door will be propped open for touchless entry.
- Providing you with hand sanitizer to use when you first arrive inside the building. There will be bottles available for use as needed throughout the office.
- Doing away with unnecessary waiting room items such as magazines and children’s toys that are difficult to disinfect.
- If possible, we ask that you come to your appointment alone to avoid having people in the waiting room. Your significant other may be asked to wait in their vehicle during your appointment.
- Asking all patients to have patience and understanding in advance as we do our best to modify our schedules to allow for extra sterilization time to keep everyone safe. Appointments will also be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. We’re going to do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you.
- Running all instruments in the Hydrim to rid of any debris and then place them in the autoclave at 275 degrees for 30 minutes to eliminate bacteria.
- Wearing N95 masks along with protective surgical gowns to prevent the spreading of the virus.
As things continue to change every day, so will we. We’ve all shown how brilliant and resilient we can be in these trying times. There’s nothing we won’t do to make you feel comfortable and secure when you’re with us — now and always.
We’re here to help you and with you every step of the way. Our infection control protocols are up-to-date, safe, and in place because we care so much about the health of you and your family. At Jack T. Kayton: Family & Cosmetic Dentistry there’s nothing we wouldn’t sacrifice for your health and comfort. Like we always say, you’re family. Please call 434.977.3939 to schedule an appointment or ask any questions you may have.